We run our own handicapping system so you don’t need an official CONGU handicap to start playing. New players without a CONGU handicap will have to submit two cards, one of which must be in competition on the par 3 course to obtain a par 3 handicap. Juniors need to be competent to play on the course and know the appropriate rules and etiquette of the game. Players with existing par 3 handicaps will continue to use them.
All medal competitions will run on a tee-time booking basis. All players must book in to take part, tee times will be between 8.30am and 10.00am. Trophies will be awarded for the first three places along with more bonus prizes up for grabs too! Points will be allocated towards the final Order of Merit after each event.
2021 Par 3 Monthly Medal Schedule
We are looking forward to hopefully a more normal season in 2021. As restrictions relax we should be able to return to our normal format. There will only be a ‘mini’ presentation initially for the trophy winners (top three places).
Sun 25th April – The Styal Junior Masters (COVID Restrictions in place)
Sun 9th May – Monthly Medal
Sun 6th June – Monthly Medal
Sun 4th July – Monthly Medal
Sun 18th July – The Styal Junior Open
Sun 8th August – Monthly Medal
Sun 5th Sept – Monthly Medal
Sun 26th Sept – Monthly Medal and 2021 Final
The invitational event ‘The Styal Junior Ryder Cup’ will take place on Monday 2nd August and Tuesday 3rd August
There will be a nett Order of Merit competition, personal best prizes, nearest the pin and of course the ‘shot of the day’ prize.
To book please phone the shop on 01625 531 359 to book your tee, you will need to give an email address and name to book. If you haven’t played before please contact Mark Johnson first.
Members can book online using the BRS App.
Tee times will then be sent via an email reminder when booked and just before the competition day.
The Masters and the Open both follow the same format as the Monthly Medals, we just have bigger trophies, more prizes and of course the prestige of the champion title!
Results for all the competitions will be posted on the News and Events page.
New Players should contact Mark Johnson before booking a tee at the pro shop. You will also need to complete the details and permission form (click here).
Entry Fees – With the new booking system at the club there are a few changes from past seasons. Payment will be in two parts.
- You must pay your applicable green fees at the pro shop before heading to the par 3 course to check in.
Junior Platinum Members and Academy Members – foc
Junior Gold Members £3
Junior Visitors £6 (guest rate)
- The Competition Entry Fee will be £6 for each competition. Ideally this should be paid before the day via BACS to Mark Johnson (please contact directly for details.) While Covid is around we would prefer not to handle cash but if you prefer you can pay on the day if you have the correct amount to drop in the payment box.
We will be having a ‘mini’ presentation outside the club house for the trophy winners only (I will let you know if you are in the top three placings when you finish.) Hopefully we can resume a full presentation from 17th May when restrictions relax, although likely they will remain outdoors!
Please feel free to use the club house after the game, the new caterers are doing a great job.
The PB prizes can be collected when the scorecard is submitted.
This season we will be running the Nett Score Order of Merit as usual (sorry, no gross score this year.) Bonus points for this first event being a major!
*Prizes to Win*:
1st,2nd and 3rd – Trophies
Lowest Gross and runner up prize
Personal Best Prizes for all PB’s
Shot of day (nominate your best shot at the end of play)
Nearest the Pin
Please be aware of the following points
- Keep hold of your own scorecard, don’t swap it with your playing partners. Mark your own score in the player A Column and your playing partner/s in the b and/or c column. They don’t need to sign it just agree the score verbally.
- Balls in the bunker can be placed within 6 inches of where it lies. There are no rakes, please smooth over your footprints as best you can.
- Don’t touch the flagstick, if its leaning towards you ask a playing partner to hold it away from you with their club
- Write your ‘shot of the day on your scorecard’ at the end.
- No shaking hands at the conclusion of play
- If you need to touch the ‘Nearest the Pin’ marker please clean your hands before and after with the hand sanitiser attached to the pin.
Contact Mark for more details