The par 3 competitions have been back in full flow but restrictions are still in place with regard to Covid 19. They are open to all juniors who would like to take part.
The rules will be of the same format as the previous Medal’s, we have tee times blocked off from 9.30am to 10.30am so you can join up with other juniors. We will still ask for an adult to accompany your child and to mark their scorecard.
There is no entry fee, no presentation and no prizes but it is an opportunity to test yourself against your fellow golfers. There will be no supervision so an adult will need to remain with you. The points will go towards the 2020 Order of Merit supported by CarrotRecruitment. Trophies will be presented at the end of the season.
Quite simply you just need to:
1. Book a convenient tee time for Sunday at the pro shop on 01625 531 359. Ideally in the morning block reserved (9.00am to 10.30am) but you can play anytime to suit on that day if preferred. An adult needs to be with you to mark and sign your scorecard. Let me know you are going to play so I can add you to the entry list.
2. Pay your applicable green fee at the driving range depending if you are a member or non member (there is no competition entry fee.)
3. Collect a blank scorecard and fill in your name and competition name (The Open) and handicap. Please don’t swap your cards over like you normally do! Enter your handicap, let me know if you can’t remember.
4. Play 9 holes on the par 3 course, the usual par 3 rules apply. See Rules of the Day and Par 3 Parent Advice. One additional rule – if the flag is not centered (due to the cups) and leaning towards you, then someone else can hold it back or straight (please use a club, remember to not touch the flag stick!)
5. Make sure you scorecard is signed, added up correctly and clear. Take a photo of your card and send to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 07747692028.
6. When you send in your card, include a brief description of your ‘shot of the day‘ to enter into the prize draw.
When all the cards are returned I will run the results and make them available for you to see.
If you haven’t played in one of the par 3 competitions before you will need to obtain a handicap. These competitions can be used to mark a card, you need to submit two cards to obtain your handicap (one of which must be in a competition.) Click here for Handicap Details
Please follow the strict rules of social distancing and follow the latest government advice.
Please read Styal Golf Clubs Booking and Guidance notes regarding COVID-19.
I’m essentially running the competition from home so hoping it will work out as a ‘next best’ alternative to the normal event. Please let me know if you have any feedback.
I hope you can all play and I’ll look forward to hearing from you and seeing your scores!